Saturday, July 26, 2008

New Paths

I'm on a new path, I think ...... working on a plan to move into the next phase of my "never retire, just downgrade" career path. I like working at my job, the people are nice, the work is challenging, and it pays well. Yet, something about the hubby being at home full time and me being away from him for 12-13 hours a day, then home for 2 hours, and then to sleep leaves something to be desired. So ...... the next phase is to find a job 1) where I can really work just 8 hours a day, not 10-11 (and get paid overtime!) and 2) that is maybe 20-30 minutes away instead of an hour. That will require accepting a reduction in pay. So ..... the plan is:

1) Get healthy -- being healthy means paying less for prescription drugs.
2) Figure out a budget -- so we can live on less.
3) Learn Spanish -- so I'll be bilingual and can have first pick of the $35K to $40K jobs in the area.

The goal is to be ready to move the job within a year. Bill graciously agreed to learn Spanish with me, and we're looking at Rosetta Stone for Spanish immersion, which of course is the best. Marc and Matt speak Spanish, so I'll find ways to speak more often with them once I'm at level 3 and conversant. This could be fun ......

3 comments:

Scott said...

Love your plan! Best of luck. They should pay you double the normal rate though because you are Eden afterall!

JennyJenJen said...

How exciting. Can't wait to see what happens!

Lyric said...

you seem to always have an action plan. its very sophisticated. i really appreciate the advice from my aunt too--it keeps my "blog ranting" in check and its nice to have the encouragement :)